The wave form doesn’t seem to correspond to what I intended.
Is text the only basic element for creating a link and thus initiating a media sequence?
You can turn an image into a link in two ways:
- By inserting an image via the corresponding icon in the editor of an already-existing content element. You can then select this image and attribute a link to it.
- By dragging and dropping an image from the personal library into a block (it is displayed with a green border), then double-clicking on it to open the same editor as for a content element.
The excerpt read via a link isn’t consistent with the temporal data I indicated.
What happens if I update the page I’m working on ?
A confirmation message will appear and if the page is closed anyway, unsaved modifications will be lost and the page will be displayed as it was when it was last saved. If the browser is closed or freezes, a recovered version of the application will be proposed when you reopen it. In any case, it’s best to save your work regularly using the floppy disk icon.
In preview mode, my link doesn’t work.
The text (or image) in question is still selected, or the element to which this link is connected is still in editing mode (the green border is in bold).
A slider element is present, but you don’t see it functioning (in the editor or in preview mode).
- Verify that its start and end times are correct.
- Verify that its breadth and color are visible.
- Verify that an element (even a blank one) isn’t in front of the slider. If this is the case, move the slider to the foreground (via the timeline or via the menu « Arrangement > Foreground »).
Why do I not have wave forms in my timeline?
- The media file associated with the application is in streaming: the wave form cannot be displayed.
- The media file was uploaded from your computer: reloading the page usually resolves the issue.
In editor mode, I click on a link or on my block controller, but nothing happens.
To activate a link or use the block controller, you must temporarily shift to preview mode (by clicking on the icon representing a screen on the top menu bar or by holding down the « Alt » key).
The shortcut keys « Alt » and/or « Space Bar » don’t work.
Verify that a text element or value in the Attributes window isn’t currently being edited. Just to remind you, holding down « Alt » lets you shift to preview mode ; pressing the « Space Bar » activates the media file’s play/pause function.
Can you change the media file associated with an application from the editor ?
Click on the name of the media file at the top left of the timeline to open the corresponding menu.
How do you erase the text interlining when you return to the line ?
Move your cursor to the end of the first line, then press ⇧ + ↵ (Shift + Enter) to return to the line.
I see only the wave form on my timeline.
You must open the timeline to display the sequence of blocks, pages and elements.
- If only one wave form is visible, double-click on the thin separation bar just above the working space.
- If the two wave forms are visible, left-click and hold on the same thin separation bar, then stretch the window upwards.
I no longer see the start and end time of my page or my element on the timeline.
There can be two reasons for this :
- Verify that the block containing the page, or the page containing the element, is properly opened in the timeline (with a down arrow to the left of its name).
- If it is, verify that the zoom is not activated on the wave form, leading to only a part of the upper wave form being grayed out. If the zoom is activated, move the zoom button located in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen all the way to the left.
I’m using an animation or circular slider to mark the rhythm, but after a while the movement is out of sync with the music.
Unlike with linear sliders, you cannot establish passage points to adapt the speed of an animation or circular slider to changes in tempo.
Another method exists :
- Copy and paste the animation or the slider, making sure to maintain the same size and the same positioning in space.
- Place the two objects one right after the other in time, at the moment where the discrepancy occurs.
- Adjust the loop time of the second animation / second slider to compensate for the change in tempo.
In preview mode, you’ll have the impression that the animation / slider itself is changing speed.
How do you erase a background color, border color, or background images ?
For background and border colors, go to the Attributes menu and click on the small square displaying a preview of the color, then on « Reset ».
For a background image, go to the Attributes menu and click on the list of proposed images (those you have imported from the libraries), then on « No Image ».
I don’t see my image or text element in the block.
The borders of the slider, content and image elements are only visible when the media time corresponds with a moment when the element is visible. To make it reappear, click on the bar representing this element in the timeline, or position the media time within the element’s temporal limits.
How do you enlarge the size of the editing window ?
You can either modify the zoom percentage for the workspace from the menu bar, or hide the navigator, timeline or attributes window by double-clicking on the thin, dark bars that separate them from the editing window. Do the same to make them reappear.
Note: modifying the display size affects only the view in the editor, not the size in the published application.
How does the overlapping between blocks or elements work ?
The most recently created block or element appears in front of the others. You can reorganize the arrangement of a block or an element in relation to the others by :
- right-clicking to access the menu « Block > Arrangement » or « Element > Arrangement » ;
- or by reorganizing the positioning of these objects in the timeline by left-clicking and holding on their name.